Sunday, February 8, 2009

Idaho Watercolor Society Annual Spring 2009 Workshop


I will be teaching the Idaho Watercolor Society Annual Spring 2009 Workshop scheduled for March 13 and 14 at All Saints Episcopal Church in Boise.

We will be doing one half-sheet floral painting, spanning the two days of the workshop. My plan is to take attendees step by step through my “process,” from selecting a subject and formulating a strong painting from it, through creating the actual painting. The emphasis will be on the following techniques: underpainting, transparent glazes, negative painting, and creating hard and soft edges. Since we’ll only have a very limited amount of time, I’d like to focus on really mastering these few, but important, applications for watercolor painting.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to take your class, you should have taught me in high school. I would've loved to have followed you around from 35 yrs. ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I miss you Aloha me ke pumehana!

    ReplyDelete